The Occupational Health Section was assigned to manage workplace related accident/ injury cases amongst students and staff within the campus area as well as to carry out periodic health surveillance amongst staff exposed to contaminated materials. The scope of service expended the service to Bintulu Campus, Sarawak to.
Amongst the services provided are:-
- Occupational Health Surveillance Program for UPM staff exposed to Hazardous Chemicals (USECCH 2000, Occupational Safety and Health Act, 1994), and Radiation (Basic Safety Standards, 1988, Atomic Energy Licensing Act, 1984) at their workplace during the duration of employment in UPM.*
- Pre Placement Employment Examination Program.*
- Occupational Health Screening Program (Ergonomics).
- Planning and implementation of occupational health promotion, such as control and prevention at the workplace so as to prevent UPM staff from any work related accidents/injuries/disease.*
- Monitoring of injury, accidents cases or illness that occurred in UPM and was treated in UHC, UPM.
- Conduct training and first aid courses for UPM staff and students.
- Medical Practitioner Consultant Service regarding health and occupation related issues for researchers of faculties as well as UPM staff.
- Health Examination Program for application of JPJ license for UPM commercial drivers.
*These programs are in collaboration with UHC and the Occupational Safety and Health Management Office, UPM.
Updated:: 15/08/2022 [nur_hazalina]