Problems caused by Impacted Wisdom Tooth:-
- Gum disease (pericoronitis) caused by the build up of plaque on teeth
- Bad breath, warning sign of gum disease
- Risk of tooth decay due to difficulty cleaning the impacted area
If experienced any of the following signs seek dentists immediately:-
- Pain on impacted area
- Swelling and a sac of fluid called a cyst form around the impacted wisdom tooth area
- Face swelling
- Difficulty in chewing and swallowing food
- Difficulty opening mouth
- Rinse mouth with a normal saline/saltwater/antiseptic mouthwash
- To determine the position of the wisdom tooth, dental x-ray may required.
- Removal of wisdom tooth through surgery may recommends, if impacted wisdom tooth always cause problems and discomfort.
Updated:: 28/07/2017 [sitifaridah]