WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1.Students who are registered with UPM and have clarified medical fees such as the following rates:
Local UnderGraduate Students
RM 20.00 / semester
International Undergraduate Students
RM 100.00 / semester
Postgraduate Local/International Students
RM 100.00 / semester
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
1. Students who do not pay medical fees
2. Students who are suspended from their studies
3. Students who failed and stopped
4. Students who postpone studies & do not pay medical fees
5. Students who have graduated
Students are entitle to get health services from the date of their enrollment to graduation (ie, when the senate confirms the results of the examination)
Students may receive specialist treatment at government hospitals or University Hospitals provided they are referred to and certified by Medical Officers at the University Health Center, UPM.
TREATMENTS COVERED BY UPM
❑ Examinations, any investigation and treatments certified by PKU Medical Officers
❑ Examinations, any investigation and treatments at government or university hospitals
❑ Expert consultations at government/university hospitals on references and certificates by PKU Medical Officers
❑ Second class of Malaysian government hospitals
❑ University Hospitals in Malaysia
TREATMENTS THAT ARE NOT COVERED BY UPM
1. Dental Treatment Services.
2.Supply of medical, surgical & dental aid such as spectacles, hearing aid, prosthesis, dentures etc
3. Maternal and maternity services, miscarriage and complications related to it.
4. Family planning services.
5. Medical Check Up
6. Treatment according to student preferences such as in private hospitals / clinics or admission to higher ward from 2nd grade in government hospitals.
7. Treatment at the National Heart Institute (IJN)
8.Treatment of Renal Dialysis / Hepatitis B or C /
HIV (AIDS), Leukemia and / or Cancer
9.Treatment of PRE EXISTING ILLNESS
10.Request for any laboratory and x-ray investigations deemed unnecessary
11.Cosmetic treatment or surgery & orthodontic treatment
Updated:: 02/10/2018 [izzatussofia]
Universiti Putra Malaysia
Selangor Darul Ehsan.